The Townie of the Month award, created by BobbytheBlobby, is an award given to a user each month chosen by the community. This is the title where the community can choose who they think deserves the award to be the honored user of this Wiki!For the whole month, you may either nominate or vote someone to be the Townie of the Month. The following questions will tell you how to operate and vote for your TotM!
How do I nominate?
- Nominate in the Townie of the Month board.
- By nominating, you will start a new thread titled (Username)'s Nomination. For example, if you want to nominate HAWAIIANpikachu, you will start a thread titled "HAWAIIANpikachu's Nomination (month and year)". Be sure to type in the user's full username and the current month and year. You may nominate yourself. On top of that, you may also write a description why you think that person should be Townie of the Month.
- You must be AUTOCONFIRMED to nominate a person.
- You cannot remove your nomination for a person.
P.S. Before nominating someone else, make sure you have their permission!
How do I vote?
- Did someone already nominate your star? That is okay! You may vote for them instead! To vote, you may write either a "/vote" or a "/support" in the board where the nomination took place. You may also make a description on why they should be ToTM. However, if you oppose someone being ToTM, please do not write an description for opposing them, and say you oppose. Just simply don't vote for them.
- You must be autoconfirmed in order to vote a person.
- You cannot remove your vote for a person.
- You have one vote and one nomination. A nomination does not mean you have to vote for that user.
Note: Nominations and votes are final and cannot be removed, unless the person nominated wants to be removed from the race.
Note: A vote will only count if it is posted DURING the month of people running, not before if they did a pre-nomination. It also MUST be posted INSIDE of the thread, not anywhere else unless they ask a person to POST the vote in the thread. If someone is not eligible to vote and has applied votes, the SECOND they become eligible the voters must apply a /revote, or the votes are not counted.
What requirements does a nominee require to be nominated?
- All Wiki Staff can not be nominated, but they are allowed to vote.
- The nominee cannot have won the award for the last 2 months.
- The nominee must be a registered, autoconfirmed user. (A registered and confirmed email)
- The nominee must not have a large history of blocks, bans (at least three), vandalizing edits, or anything similar. Exceptions do include depending on the time of the ban or the severity of the vandalizing edit.
How long does this process last?
Voting begins at the start of a new month and it closes once that month has ended. Whoever has the most votes will win the race and receive a "Townie of the Month" flair by their username. Once that current month ends and someone else wins, the user can talk to an Administrator who can change their flair to represent either a role in the game or anything they desire on that flair, along with their choice of an emoji next to it.
Previous Winners of the Award
|July 2016||360NOSCOPESWEG (Jim Holden)|
|November 2016||Playful Trickster 101|
|January 2018||No Winner Decided|