Name Selection Edit
- Never have too similar names to somebody, for example, "Jayy" and "Jayyy" or "Tempestral" and "Temprestral". This is annoying when trying to lynch someone, whisper to that person, or writing that person's name in your Last Will. This may also get the wrong person lynched.
- This can be averted by referring to them by their number.
- People with names such as "Deodat Lawson", "Cotton Mather" and "Betty Parris" didn't pick a name, so are probably new to the game, or away from the keyboard. However, in Ranked, people with aforementioned names may be using a strategy to blend in.
- Evil roles are most likely to attack annoying people, such as roleplayers, spammers, over-emoters and players with a bad name first.
- However, more experienced evil roles may avoid killing annoying players to avoid directing negative attention from the Town (being observed by Lookout), to avoid being killed by a Bodyguard or avoid a Veteran who's Veteran-baiting.
- They may also avoid these players in the hope that the Town finds them so insufferable that they lynch regardless of role.
- A general tip is to avoid having a name that is particularly eye-catching, as these people are generally killed off early on, (especially on Night 1 when no one knows who to kill). If the majority of the lobby has a name with no spaces, then you should have one as well. However, you shouldn't change the way you play because of this. Unless you hate getting killed night 1.
- Try to not use the same name every single game, especially if you have just finished another game and have joined another in the same Game Mode. Players that have been in other games with you can pick up tendencies in things like Death Notes, which can lead to them calling you out and potentially getting you lynched. If you performed especially well, you may be killed by evils early on who wish to kill off the good players.
Using Last Wills Edit
- Write all your findings in your Last Will and share your news with the Town when you have a lead.
- Write down in your Last Will who you are going to visit during the day or before the night ends, just in case you get killed before you have a chance to update it. You must exit your Last Will to save it.
- After the night ends, your Last Will cannot be saved again until the morning. This is done to avoid people adding additional notes after they are, for example, killed by a member of the Mafia. Remember to write anything that you would say if you were killed that night, such as the last person you visited is suspicious, but in advance in the case that they are suspicious and have killed you.
- If a Jailor or Escort was killed by a Serial Killer, chances are that the last person they said they imprisoned or role blocked kept in their Last Will is a Serial Killer. Of course, it could be a coincidence, but it never hurts to keep them on mind as a potential suspect. This can be used as evidence against the Serial Killer if the Escort or Jailor is killed by said Serial Killer late in the game. The same goes for a Werewolf on a full moon night.
- Have a fake Last Will written up and make it as believable as possible. Claim a role that is possible from the role list in that game. This way you're prepared in case you end up in jail or on trial.
- If you're a role such as a Framer, Forger, or Consort, do NOT write who you have visited as it gives away who the non-Mafia are. However, you could write down your own members leading people to believe they are not a member of the Mafia.
- In the case of the Consort, it may be beneficial to write down who you role blocked the last night, in case you visit a Serial Killer.
- If you're a Consigliere, don't write down what role everyone is unless it benefits the Mafia. In the case that you are required to post your Last Will, post the results that an Investigator would see. If you discover someone is an Arsonist, Serial Killer, or Werewolf, you should leave that in your Last Will for the Town to see.
- If someone has a higher Defense value than your Attack value, go ahead and write that down in your Last Will. You can even lie and claim that someone has a higher Defense value than your Attack value when they might not be.
- If you're a member of the Mafia, do not attempt to fool the Town by listing the Mafia. If anyone listed is actually in the Mafia, you risk your account being reported for gamethrowing and may possibly be punished for doing so. You can write down fake members of the Mafia, though.
Using Death Notes Edit
- If you find someone who has a higher Defense value than your Attack value, you may write that down in your Death Note.
- Alternatively, you can lie and claim someone has a higher Defense value than your Attack value. This works well when you haven't killed the previous night.
- If you're a Godfather or Mafioso, it's good to change up your Death Note on a regular basis. If the Town notices the same Death Note over and over and then sees a completely different one and they may believe the Mafioso was role blocked or jailed.
- Do NOT make your Death Note related to the person you are attempting to kill as it may backfire.
- Example: You're a Serial Killer attempting to kill "Chocolate". You wrote, "Rest in Peace, Chocolate!" in your Death Note. An Escort role blocks you, causing you to murder the Escort instead of your intended target. If the Escort wrote who they role blocked in their Last Will, you're going to look even more guilty due to the Death Note not matching the dead body.
- Anyone whose name is in [brackets], means they have left the game. Do not waste your abilities on them. An exception is a Witch using a proven Bodyguard or Doctor (who have left for whatever reason) to heal or protect themselves or a Janitor who wants to clean said person. A Transporter may also want to transport the player who left the game with someone, knowing they will probably not be harmed.
- Beware of anyone who attempts to draw attention on Day 1. There is a good chance that they are "Veteran baiting". (Baiting to get evil roles to visit them because they are a Veteran).
- There is no need to begin insulting the Town when things are not going to plan. Remember that not all of the Townies are with you. Do not expect the Town to contribute to your grand scheme, when there are 14 other different schemes running at the same time.
- If Mafia, then make yourself seem like a Jester when on trial by saying something like " I am blackmailoed" (misspell blackmailed on purpose) to make people reluctant to lynch you.
- This is only plausible when there is no other option- many people like to lynch people acting like Jester as it is such a common strategy.
- whispering doesn't make you suspicious considering the Mafia have a private chat of their own. This will not stop other people from questioning you about whispers thereby finding you suspicious.
- Be careful around people who suggest role calls or ask for leads, especially early in game as they may be an evil role trying to blend in with the Town.
- If an Escort, Consort, or Jailor dies to a Serial Killer, the last person they visited may be the Serial Killer.
- Randomly voting and randomly lynching people can make you appear suspicious and you might get yourself lynched. Some people might see you are obviously the Executioner, trying to lynch their target.
- If someone is obviously acting like a Jester, Executioner, etc, there is no harm in pointing it out. Pointing out a Neutral role is perfectly okay, since some Neutral roles can win with anyone. In fact, it might help players.
- When you die, do not leave the game unless you have a zero percent chance of winning, because if you are a Townie, there may be a chance that you can pass on information to a Medium or be revived by a Retributionist as well. Also, if you are an evil role in a faction, for example a Vampire, it is good to lie to the Medium that someone else is a member of your faction so that they could get framed and lynched. This might backfire, as the Medium might not believe you.
- If you are an evil role, it's good to memorize the investigative results you are likely to get. If you are a role like a Consort, claiming to be an Escort is obvious, but for roles like the Janitor, knowing what role to claim can be a huge asset. Having the wiki page of your claimed role up is also a good idea.
- If you are an evil role, acting as if you are a Jester (e.g. typing in CAPS LOCK and making random accusations) may cause the Town not to accuse you, because you will seem to be a Jester. Repeatedly saying "HANG ME" (not spamming, of course) may also increase your odds of not being accused as an evil role. However, remember that a Vigilante or Jailor may decide to kill you.
When you are on TrialEdit
- Whether you're a good or evil role, you should immediately claim your role and paste your Last Will. If you are evil, paste your false Last Will.
- Defend yourself. Saying, "If I say my role, I'll die" is pointless because you will get either lynched for not claiming a role or killed by evil roles for seeming like an important Town role trying not to out themselves.
- If you were "proven" to be an innocent role earlier, point that out.
- Do not say disrespectful words to the Town or they may be more inclined to vote guilty.
- If you're evil, do not try to act like a Jester or an Executioner. Chances are extremely high that you'll be voted guilty.
- Saying, "Whatever" is pointless. If you're member of the Mafia or a Neutral Killing, you'll probably get lynched. If you're innocent, you'll automatically look suspicious anyway.
When others are on Trial Edit
- Abstaining is better than voting if you are not sure. If the person turns out to be evil and you voted innocent on said person, you will most likely be jailed or voted up by the other Townies. Voting innocent is fine if it was a random lynch, as you can just say that you don't believe in random lynches.
- Alternatively, if you're a Jester who's trying to get lynched, vote innocent on people who may be a member of the Mafia or a Vampire. People will assume that you are part of their factions (or a Jester) and will lynch you. Of course, you might be killed at night first.
- If you can confirm that someone on trial is innocent, do so. If they have claimed that they have escorted you on Night 3 and they actually did - you should point that out. (If you're an evil role you don't necessarily have to of course.)
- If somebody who was previously quiet becomes very loud and obnoxious, it's probably an Executioner who turned into a Jester.
- If someone is on trial and is blackmailed, they will only be able to say "I am blackmailed. " This means that if someone is silent during their defense, they are NOT blackmailed.
- If someone tries to be blackmailed in a Classic Mode game, or in a Custom Mode game without a Blackmailer, they might be suspicious or Jester, trying to get themselves hanged.
- When someone claims a role such as a Town Killing or Town Protective role and yet you are in one of these alignments, counterclaim said person. This is important in games such as Ranked since there is only one in the role list.
When you are jailed Edit
- You should share your role immediately with the Jailor and share your findings or thoughts.
- Refusing to cooperate with the Jailor may lead to you being executed and as a result, the Jailor losing all of his executions.
- Prepare to claim a false role and have a fake Last Will written.
- Claiming to be an Executioner, Survivor, Jester, etc. is a free pass for a Jailor to execute you. Neutral roles don't help out the Town and there is a strong stigma against Survivor as they can support the Mafia or other evil roles such as the Serial Killer.
- Remain calm. If you begin panicking or lashing out at the Jailor, he will be more inclined to execute.
- Some Jailor will immediately click to execute you at the start of the night. Again, do not panic. This is a strategy to see if you remain calm. After all, an "innocent" person has nothing to worry about if he's telling the truth. So lie your way out.
- Wasting time may also buy you a day or two if the Jailor knows your role, but experienced Jailors will know to execute you before the night runs out.
- As a member of the Mafia, you should always be cautious of being jailed. Don't immediately talk to your fellow members as night phase begins as you might be in jail!
- As the Serial Killer, use any role that hasn't been claimed yet, or has not died yet. If the Jailor doesn't decide to kill you, you'll kill him first. If he gets you down as a non suspicious role, that's even better.
In-Game Tips Edit
As of Version 1.4.4, on the screen where the player is told their role and the short description accompanying it, there is now a tip bar displaying general knowledge and strategy about the game.
- Type /w [name] [message] without the brackets  to whisper a player. You can also use a player's position number instead of their name.
- If you would like to help get rid of toxic players be sure to check out the Trial System!
- A Survivor can be the difference between winning the game by one vote, or losing because your team didn't have enough.
- Jesters want to be hanged.
- Randomly lynching a player favors the evil roles.
- You can report players by using the red ! mark at the top of the screen.
- Nice players win more games.
- Players who are nicer win more games.
- The Transporter can swap two players at night causing players that target one to target the other.
- Multiple Executioners can have the same target, but they can't have the Jailor or Mayor as a target.
- The Arsonist can clean the gas off of themselves if they take no action at night.
- If the Godfather is role blocked, the Mafioso will kill the target the Mafioso selected, and vice versa.
- An Escort or Consort will be killed if they role block a Serial Killer. This does not always mean the target they visited the night they died was the Serial Killer though.
- Only the Coven Leader, Transporter, and Witch select two people while doing their night ability.
- The Poisoner's poison kills a day after it is given to you, so you have a chance of getting healed by a Doctor or Potion Master.
- Scrolls don't work in Ranked!
- Scrolls only increase your chances of getting a role if that role is in the game.