Scrolls are items in the game that can be obtained/purchased which allow players to have a higher chance of getting said role. They do not increase the odds of a role appearing in a match, but rather the odds of the player receiving that role if the game does decide that the scroll's role will be included. Scrolls will disappear once the player receives the Scroll's role. Scrolls may be used in all game modes except for Ranked. This is to ensure that no one receives a possible advantage.
- Juggernaut scrolls cannot be bought from the scroll section in the shop. They must be bought through bundles that offer 3 of every scroll.
- There is no Pestilence scroll.
In a game of 15 players, the wheel animation which appears before the start of the game will cycle through all possible Roles in the given role list, which may be up to 33 (most often seen in Ranked), and in the Town of Salem - The Coven (DLC) there may be up to 49. The system randomly decides which roles will appear from the given role list. The wheel will show you the probability of receiving a role, if that role is in the role list generated by the system.
In a game of 15 players, everyone usually has a chance of 1/15 (7%) of receiving a specific role, as displayed by the wheel. If someone is using a scroll for a certain role which is possible in the role list, that player will have "10x odds". That means they will have a 10/24 (42%) chance of receiving that role, while everyone else will have a 1/24 (4.2%) chance. If two people are using the same scroll, they will both have a 10/33 (30%) chance of receiving that role, while everyone else will have a 1/33 (3%) chance.
If a certain role has a lower chance for you to roll it, that is an indication of other players' scrolls. This is different if there are less players in game the percentage would be much higher.
Scrolls are available for purchase in the shop for 200 Town Points each, or 800 Merit Points. The player may only hold up to 30 of each scroll at a time (with the exception of buying in-game bundles that can cause the numbers to go over the max). Scrolls may also be obtained by using real life currency to purchase an in-game bundle which often include 3 of every scroll. These bundles only appear once per day.
- Enter the Customization Options menu.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the scroll icon which has a green cross on it.
- In the new menu that pops up, you may select up to 3 scrolls to equip.
- Lastly, select the "Equip" button to officially equip the scrolls.
- If you receive the role from an equipped scroll, the scroll will vanish. Otherwise, you will keep the scroll for as long as it takes for you to use it, unless you decide to unequip that scroll. If you have more than one scroll and you recieve the role, only one will vanish and all remaining scrolls will stay equipped.
Kickstarter History Edit
The concept of Scrolls was first mentioned on the Steam/Mobile Kickstarter as a stretch goal for the project if the funding exceeded $45,000. The Scroll system was officially confirmed on October 18th, 2014, when the Kickstarter ended and the goal was met. All Kickstarter backers have received a code to receive 25 of each role's scroll. They will continue to receive scrolls for newer roles that will come out.
Backers may redeem their code by entering the shop, selecting the "Redeem Code" button, and submitting their code.