Eye of newt? Pah! Newts weren’t even that common around here. People always saw witches as women with pointy hats riding broomsticks, stirring the most outlandish of ingredients into their fabled cauldrons. But those were all fairytales. A true witch could make miracles out of anything.
From a young age, the bartender of the local pub had a penchant for mixing things. Whether it be milk and berries to make a smoothie, or cyanide and bait to make rat poison, she could make just about anything. As she progressed in age, more and more people came to try her concoctions. Even in her small town riddled with crime, she found solace in mixing the best beverages he could for her clients. But it wasn’t enough.
She was bored. People knew her, yes, and she was well-paid, but… it didn’t satisfy her. She knew she could do better than this. Eventually, she decided to mix more… interesting things. One such mixture was a salve, a special lotion that could heal almost any wound. It proved its merit when a maniac had stabbed the local doctor. Lathering it on the wounds, she watched as his frail body restored its cells and gave him breath.
Another was a truth serum of sorts – it flooded the consumer with the urge to spill their secrets. Whether it be an embarrassing moment or a heinous crime, they simply couldn’t resist telling the bartender exactly who they were. Although… “bartender” wasn’t enough to describe this girl anymore. She was much, much more now.
The last of her “special” drinks was even more special than the others. Instead of making her targets talk, she could silence them forever. That boy who’d bullied her as a child? They found him dead in his bed, an empty vial in his hand. The teacher she hated all her life? Slumped over his desk, a strange green fluid staining his shirt.
She wasn’t bored anymore.
- The Potion Master can select between three potions to use at night: a healing potion, a revealing potion, and an attacking potion. Each of the potions has a three-day cooldown.
- The healing potion will heal your target from attacks for that night.
- The revealing potion will tell you your target's role.
- The attacking potion will deal a Basic attack to your target.
- With the Necronomicon, the cooldowns for the potions are removed.
- Normally, it is better to use a revealing potion instead of a healing or killing potion at the beginning of the game. Doing so can give you vital information about your enemies and keeps the fact that there is a Potion Master in the game a secret. It also makes you slightly better informed when you use your killing potion the next night, along with giving you time to locate any Town Protectives that may take you down if you attack someone.
- When you have the Necronomicon, it might be a good idea to use a revealing potion two nights in a row, and then use a killing potion on the third night. This way, the rest of the town will not know that you have the Necronomicon, which could make the Town panic that another Coven role has it instead.
- Use your killing potions in compliment with your revealing potions. This allows you to take out only high priority targets like a Sheriff or the Mafioso.
- Your healing potion is a powerful weapon to negate the attacks of Town Protectives. Cooperating with other Coven roles is essential before you heal them. The other Coven members may decide to attack a specific target, knowing you would back them up with a Powerful defense. This is more useful when the attacking Coven member targets someone with Town Protectives on their side.
- When choosing who to heal, focus on whatever Coven member you think is most likely to be attacked. If you're unsure who will be attacked, you should protect whoever is most valuable - a Poisoner is important in the early game, the Necromancer is valuable if they have corpses worth using, while a Hex Master who has almost everyone hexed can be vital to protecting to ensure they live until their hex goes off. The Medusa and Coven Leader can protect themselves and are generally lower priority.
- If you inherit the Necronomicon, use the revealing potion on others to find their exact role, and paste their investigative results into chat (after claiming to be the Investigator) to attempt to lynch them. Be careful, because lynching a Townie could result in you losing your credibility. Gain the help of others by assisting roles such as Survivor or Guardian Angel, as this will be a major help towards the end of the game. Once everybody believes you are the Investigator, start killing off the non-Coven (preferably the Mafia first) until you win.
- You are essentially a mix of the Doctor, the Consigliere and the Serial Killer (minus the Basic defense). Refer to these roles' specific pages for strategies you could adopt into your playstyle.
- Unless you feel like you think your team can carry the rest of the game, do NOT heal a Medusa. Their Stone Gaze will still kill you.
- Do not claim Doctor if there is a Poisoner. You would be expected to heal their victim each night, and would be discovered when you can't heal every target.
- In the Public Test Realm, Potion Master was a part of the scrapped Coven Support alignment, and the only role described as such.