A decade had passed, and she had learned about every berry and herb in a hundred-mile radius. They called her a freak at school, an orphan, a meaningless nobody. How she hated them. She was young and impulsive, but unfortunately was not stupid. She ground those berries from the very same bush that nearly her killed as a child and poured the pulp into a pie. She went over to the worst bully of them all, the Mayor's son and offered him the pie. He ate it, and within a moment was dizzy, and nauseous. The day after he was dead. The lookout screamed, "She's the one who visited him two nights ago and gave him a laced pie! She's the murderer!"
Fueled by adrenaline, she ran and ran, as fast and far as her legs could take her into the forest, where the town lost track of her. She kept on running until she ran into an older woman collecting mushrooms. The Coven Leader took the young girl under her wing and decided that inexperienced as she may be, she had potential. She hid the girl from the Town, on the agreement that the girl would work for the Coven as the Poisoner.
- Your poison will deal a Basic attack the day after you poison them. This means anyone with Basic or higher defense will survive.
- A Doctor can purge your poison if they heal your target after they were poisoned.
- Poisoned players will know they were poisoned.
- With the Necronomicon, a Doctor can no longer purge your target. However, if they were protected by a Guardian Angel, the poison will be purged and the person will survive. You still deal a Basic attack.
- Your delayed kill means that Lookouts will have a harder time finding you. You can use this to "prove" your innocence in the latter part of the game. However, smarter Lookouts will notice you visiting your target, so when they die a day later, they will be suspicious of you or even call you out if their target claims they were poisoned.
- Doctors are a high-priority target; with them in play, you are virtually useless until you have the Necronomicon, reason being that anyone poisoned can simply claim so and the Doctor will heal them. Because of this, try to poison Jesters on night one, whom Doctors won't save.
- The revealed Mayor is very vulnerable to poison as he can't be saved by a Doctor.
- Claiming to be poisoned has its benefits - it means the Doctor will be healing you that night, protecting you from harm. Even if the Town notices you haven't died, you can simply claim to have been healed. Of course, this will not work once the Coven gets the Necronomicon, as healing no longer prevents death by poison.
- Coordinate with your fellow Coven members on who you should poison. Before night 3, you might be the only Coven member who can actually kill, with the other early game killer of the Coven being the Potion Master.
- If you play with a Medusa, you can ask her to claim poisoned while you don't poison anyone and ask her to stone visitors the following night. This might allow you to kill the Doctor and make your poison incurable, however a Guardian Angel may still remove your poison. Be warned that smarter players will notice if someone says they will visit the Medusa and dies from stoning the day after.
- The Poisoner is very much like a Mafioso, except with a higher chance that your target will get Purged and/or Healed. The Necronomicon is like a Mafioso becoming a Godfather, and thus the role should be treated as a Mafioso.
Dealing with Poisoners Edit
- As a Lookout, when someone dies to poison, if you were watching them last night, anyone who visited them could be the Poisoner.
- As a Doctor, make sure to heal anyone claiming to be poisoned. Not only will it purge them, it will protect them from any killers. On the other hand, if you believe the Poisoner has the Necronomicon then healing poisoned people is a waste of a night.
- As a killing role, targeting people who are poisoned is a bad idea. Not only will they likely be protected by Doctors, even if they are defenseless, they will die from poison anyway, wasting a kill.
- As a Tracker, you can call out a Poisoner if you see them visiting someone who claims to be poisoned the next day.
- Before the Coven was released, the Poisoner would come up as Psychic, Ambusher, Poisoner or Medusa to the Investigator.