Roles may have attributes, altering the way how they are affected by other roles' abilities. Attributes are integral to gameplay. You can find a role's Attributes by looking at their card and reading the "Attributes" section.
Immunity refers to one of four types of special attributes held by many roles in the game. They will prevent certain abilities of having an effect. Each of these immunities is entirely beneficial to the character. The four kinds of immunities are Role-block Immunity, Control Immunity, Night Immunity (Defense) and Detection Immunity. The Godfather, Serial Killer, Werewolf, and many other Neutral roles have Detection and Night Immunity.
Role block ImmunityEdit
Roles with Role block immunity are unaffected by role blocking. The role being blocked will see a message notifying them that someone tried to role block them, an Escort or Consort will also see a message telling them that they were immune to being roleblocked.
When in jail, you are effectively role blocked. If a Consort or Escort tries to role block you while you are jailed, you will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you, but you were jailed!
Roles with Role block ImmunityEdit
- The Escort, Consort, Transporter, Veteran, Pirate, Pestilence, Coven Leader, Witch and Necromancer are all immune to role blocks.
- The Veteran will shoot the role blocker, should they be on alert.
If one of these roles are role blocked, they will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you but you are immune!
Roles partially unaffected by role blocks Edit
- The Jailor will still jail their target, but will be unable to execute said target.
- A Serial Killer will stay at home, and attack the visiting role blockers. They will receive a different message, "Someone role blocked you, so you attacked them!"
- The Werewolf will stay at home if role blocked during a Full Moon night, attacking anyone who visits them (including the role blocker).
Basic defense is a form of immunity which protects a character from being killed at night from a basic attack. Roles with Basic defense must be lynched during the day or killed at night by roles who have powerful or higher attack strength.
If you attack somebody with basic defense, you will get the message "Your target's defense was too strong to kill!" If they were healed, you get no message.
Roles With Basic Defense Edit
- Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf, Plaguebearer - permanent.
- Executioner - permanent, if they do not turn into a Jester.
- Survivor - gained for one night by using a bulletproof vest.
- Bodyguard - gained for one night by using their only bulletproof vest.
- Veteran - gained for one night by going on alert.
- Coven Leader - gained when having the Necronomicon.
- Witches - Basic defense until they are attacked, and will have no defense after that.
- Juggernaut - Gained after your second kill.
- Pestilence - Technically permanent, but has a Plaguebearer prerequisite.
Additionally, anyone who is healed by a Doctor/Potion Master/Guardian Angel, protected by a Crusader or Jailed will be given Powerful defense for the night. Bodyguards and Trappers give their targets Powerful defense for one attack.
If one of these roles is attacked and does not die, they will receive a message, "Someone attacked you but your defense level is too high!"
- Older players will use the previous night immune system, where the old message for getting attacked was: "Someone attack you but you are immune!".
Roles Who Ignore Basic DefenseEdit
- Bodyguard - when killing your target's attacker.
- Trapper - when killing an attacker with a trap.
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner (ignores powerful defense).
- Veteran - when visited while on alert.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex (ignores powerful defense).
- Poisoner - when the poison has already been inflicted.
- Medusa - when using a stone gaze on visitors or visiting someone if Medusa has the Necronomicon.
- Arsonist - when igniting your doused targets (ignores powerful defense).
- Juggernaut - when attacking/when rampaging(after third kill)/(ignores powerful defense, after fourth kill).
- Werewolf - when rampaging at a house during a Full Moon night.
- Pestilence - when rampaging.
- Pirate - when successfully plundering.
- Jester - when haunting a guilty or abstaining voter (ignores powerful defense). If a target is not chosen, a guilty or abstaining voter will still die.
Powerful Defense is an immunity which protects a player from being killed at night from a powerful or basic attack. Roles who are given powerful defense will have to be lynched during the day or attacked by someone with the unstoppable attack strength to be killed at night.
If you attack somebody with powerful defense, you will get the message "Your target's defense was too strong to kill!" If a Doctor decides to heal someone with a powerful defense, it will have no effect, as a Doctor gives their target Powerful Defense. The Doctor will, however, recieve a message that their target was attacked if they were.
Roles With Powerful DefenseEdit
There are no roles who have permanent powerful defense. However, some roles have the ability to give others powerful defense at night:
- Doctor - Others: when healing their target; Self: when self healing (once).
- Bodyguard - Others: when protecting their target.
- Crusader - Others: when protecting their target.
- Jailor - Others: when target is jailed.
- Trapper - Others: when a trap is triggered by someone who intends to harm the target.
- Guardian Angel - Others - when purging their target (twice).
- Potion Master- Others: when using healing potion. Has a cooldown unless the Potion Master has the Necronomicon
Roles Who Ignore Powerful DefenseEdit
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex.
- Arsonist - when igniting your doused targets.
- Juggernaut - when attacking/when rampaging(after third kill).
- Jester- when haunting a guilty/abstained voter.
- Only one role, the Pestilence, has an invincible defense. This defense can not be defeated or bypassed in any way. The only two ways to kill the Pestilence is to lynch them or have Pestilence leave the game.
Detection Immunity is a kind of immunity of some roles opposing the Town who can't be detected by a Sheriff. The Sheriff will receive the message, "Your target is not suspicious." All other Town Investigative roles, the Consigliere, the Coven Leader and Witch are unaffected.
Roles With Detection ImmunityEdit
- All Neutral Evil roles: Executioner, Jester, Witch
- Godfather - also applies if they were originally a Mafioso.
- Werewolf (only on a non-Full Moon night)
- All Neutral Chaos roles: Vampire, Plaguebearer/Pestilence, Pirate
- Any member of the Coven with the Necronomicon
Roles that ignore Detection ImmunityEdit
- Lookout - when watching over someone.
- Tracker - when tracking someone.
- Trapper - when trap is triggered.
By far, the best role who can find roles with Detection Immunity is a Lookout. Regardless of Detection Immunity, a Lookout can still see who visits their target at night, completely effective against roles with Detection Immunity.
Roles With Control ImmunityEdit
- The Transporter, Veteran, Potion Master, Necromancer, Pirate and Pestilence are all control immune.
- The Transporter is control immune. If they are visited by a Witch/Coven Leader, they will receive the message, "A Witch tried to control you but you are immune."
- The Veteran cannot be forced to alert or prevented from doing so.
- Any role who is in jail is control immune as long as they are jailed. The Witch/Coven Leader will receive the message, "Your ability failed because one of your targets was in jail."
- The Potion Master is control immune. If the Coven Leader controlls the Potion Master (via Transporter), they will receive the message that someone tried to control them.
- The Necromancer is control immune. If the Coven Leader controlls the Necromancer (via Transporter), they will receive the message that someone tried to control them.
If one of these roles are controlled, they will receive the message: "A Witch tried to control you but you are immune."
Control Resistance Edit
- The night abilities of certains roles (i.e. Mediums and Jesters) are unaffected by a Witch's control despite not being control immune. They will not be forced to visit a second target since they do not rely on visiting mechanics.
- If an Amnesiac is controlled onto themselves, the game will announce that an Amnesiac has remembered being an Amnesiac, and the Amnesiac will gain the achievement for doing so if not already earned.
- The Jailor will still jail their prisoner, but an execution will be prevented. If the Jailor is controlled onto the target they jailed, they will execute the target, unless it is the first night.
Priority determines which roles do their actions first in what order. Each role with a night ability has a priority labeled 1 through 6, with 1 being the highest priority, and 6 being the lowest. For example, if a Mafioso (which has a priority of 5) tries to kill a Veteran on alert (which has a priority of 1), the Veteran will kill the Mafioso before the Mafioso will kill the Veteran, because it has a higher priority. Note that abilities which take place during the day, or are selected in the day will have higher priority than priority 1. Other roles (such as Poisoner) have priorities yet to be determined because of how long it takes for their ability to take effect. Only one or a few roles (Such as Executioner) have no ability, and no priority.
Special Attributes Edit
There are few attributes which aren't immunities. Below is a list of current special attributes.
|Role Name||Special Attributes|
|Spy||Can see who the Mafia and Coven visit at night.|
|Vigilante||Commits suicide the following night after killing a Townie.|
|Medium||Can speak with the dead at night.|
|Vampire Hunter||Can read Vampire chat at night.|
Will attack visiting Vampires.
Will become Vigilante with 1 bullet if all Vampires are dead.
|Blackmailer||Can read all whispers during the day.|
|Ambusher||Will reveal name to all visitors of their target.|
|Mafioso||Will become Godfather if the Godfather dies.|
|Any member of the Mafia except Mafioso and Godfather.||Will become Mafioso if the last Mafia Killing role dies.|
|All members of the Mafia.||Can read Mafia chat at night.|
|Executioner||Will become Jester if their target dies at night.|
|Guardian Angel||Will become Survivor with no vests if their target dies.|
|Serial Killer||Will attack role blockers, and will attack Jailor when jailed if you aren't executed.|
|Werewolf (during Full Moon nights)||Will attack role blockers, and will attack Jailor when jailed if you aren't executed.|
|Vampire||Can read Vampire chat at night.|
|Pestilence||Will attack visitors.|
|Plaguebearer||Will become Pestilence when all of the Town is infected.|
|Juggernaut||Powers up with each kill. There are 4 abilities that can be obtained.|
|All members of the Coven||Can read Coven chat at night.
Can inherit the Necronomicon.
|Coven Leader||Gets the Necronomicon before every other Coven member.|