A little girl sobbed as she looked at the grave of her long-deceased father. Her mother had resorted to drinking, and was very rarely sober enough to interact with her own daughter. The girl had no friends of any sort, and she wasn't really interested in anyone at school. She was alone.
The next day, however, everything changed – for better or worse. Whilst absentmindedly flicking through channels on the television, she caught a glimpse of a news article sitting on the table in front of her. Turning the TV off, she picked up the paper and began to read. It spoke of many trivial events, but there was one particular entry that caught her eye.
"WOMAN COMES BACK TO LIFE! MOTHER AND SON REUNITED!"
Her heart stopped. Come back to life? Surely that was impossible! But the more she thought about it, the more she hated the thought of someone else returning from death. What made that woman so special? Why didn't her father come back? It was so unfair! She stewed in her anger and envy, the first of many bad thoughts to come...
Over the next few months, she researched the art of necromancy. She pored over the books in her local library, often staying up all night. All she wanted was to bring back her father. Eventually, she found a lead. A simple, black-covered book that exuded evil. She almost recoiled from its presence… but it was just so tempting. She knew, instinctively, that it would get her dad back. However, there was one thing she didn't account for. Death is final for a reason…
The ritual went without a hitch, and she saw her beloved papa’s corpse dig its way through the soil he was buried in. But it wasn’t the same man she had known her whole life. He was a pawn. A minion. And the girl knew it. The Necronomicon had corrupted her, twisted her mind. She grinned ferally at the shadow of her father. It was time to repay the world for all the suffering she went through.
- The Necromancer has the ability to reanimate a dead player and use their ability on another living player. The corpse then rots, allowing only one use of a corpse.
- A Spy will not see you visit your first target.
- You do not visit your second target
- You cannot reanimate a player who has been stoned by the Medusa or cleaned by the Janitor. Also, you cannot utilize a player that has no remaining night uses, such as a Vigilante with no bullets left.
- You have roleblock Immunity, meaning that you will be able to control a corpse even if a Pirate, Escort, or Consort roleblocks you.
- When you have the Necronomicon, you have the added ability of selecting yourself as your first target to summon a Ghoul and deal a Basic attack onto your second target.
- If your target was a Guardian Angel, they will protect their normal target, regardless of your choice of target.
- If your target was an Amnesiac, the message "An Amnesiac has remembered that they were like the Amnesiac." will be displayed to the Town. This does not seem to depend on the role of the second target.
- Use killing roles or anything you think might mess up the Town.
- If you think that someone in the Coven or an ally is going to be attacked, reanimate a Town Protective role.
- Keep other powerful roles with the abilities to kill, protect, or heal in the late game. This will serve to sustain your faction, especially when you are the only member left.
- Later in the game, you may select yourself to summon ghouls, or you may continue to use dead corpses. Planning with the other Coven members on when to use a corpse and when to attack will help in providing the most efficient use of your role.
- Crusaders can also be your toys to kill enemies. Using their ability to visit important members such as the Mayor or Psychic can help you kill members trying to protect or watch over them.
- Controlling the Vigilante can be used for deception. Accidentally killing an evil role makes you able to claim Vigilante, since the message will say that the Vigilante killed them. Other killing roles, like Crusaders, can be also used for deception into tricking the Town to make them look like you did the job.
- You can control Pestilence if they were hanged after transforming, but this WILL kill you as well. Only use this as a last resort if you believe it will potentially push the game in the Coven's favor.
- All actions against someone jailed by the Jailor will fail, including those you control as a corpse. If a Coven member is imprisoned, it is not advised to use a corpse against them. Instead, focus on finding or potentially killing the Jailor.
- Your role is not very useful in the beginning, where not many killing or protecting roles are dead.
- You can force a draw between yourself and a Pestilence if there are dead Town Protective roles.