Before the starting of the game, you are allowed to choose an alias of how you want to be referenced for that particular game. This retains anonymity for players to reduce metagaming.
The name may not exceed 16 characters and can contain spaces, but no numbers, any spaces at the end of your name, symbols, or consecutive capitals/spaces. It also cannot be similar to another user's selected alias or contain any profanity.
- Always choose a good name with correct capitalized letters. (If you have a bad name and you are a Jester, you may be in bad luck still, because the killing roles may kill you at night.) (eg: i luv bob, joe dablawgs, lololol, i eat babies)
- Do not use names that are religious, racist, sexist or targeting someone in anyway. (eg: Black Jesus, girls sux, Kill Joe Bloggs, Moon Man)
- Do not use names that are too complicated or stupid. (eg: ldhwlkdch, Dhkjdbf, i will afk)
- Do not use names that are names of Roles unless there is a role theme. (eg: Doctor, Witch, Jester)
- Do not replace lowercase 'L's with capital 'i's. (eg: Fl (L) ower/Flower, FI (i) ower/FIower)
- Do not use names too similar to another player's. (eg, Tempestral and Tempestrel or Bob, Bobb, Bobbb)
- Roleplaying with themes can be fun, but don't do it to the point of gamethrowing.
- If you're naming in theme, or are naming after a fandom, be aware that people may kill you just because of your name.
- If you can't decide a name, and hate naming yourself randomly, you could also just name yourself your favorite color. This is also acceptable for color themes.
- If you want to name yourself similarly with a friend, as long as it's not almost the same, it could be acceptable (like Green and Emerald Green) (or Purple Pikachu and Red Pikachu). Be careful while doing this, because people will be more likely to assume that you're cheaters.
If you hadn't typed a name, one is given to you. They are randomly selected from the lists below:
- Cotton Mather
- Deodat Lawson
- Edward Bishop
- Giles Corey
- James Bayley
- James Russel
- John Hathorne
- John Proctor
- John Willard
- Jonathan Corwin
- Samuel Parris
- Samuel Sewall
- Thomas Danforth
- William Hobbs
- William Phips
- Abigail Hobbs
- Alice Parker
- Alice Young
- Ann Hibbins
- Ann Putnam
- Ann Sears
- Betty Parris
- Lydia Dustin
- Martha Corey
- Mary Eastey
- Mary Johnson
- Mary Warren
- Sarah Bishop
- Sarah Good
- Sarah Wildes
These names come from the infamous witch trials in Salem, Massachusetts. During this time, countless men and women were accused of being witches, and were lynched over the mass hysteria. The names came from the priests, judges, and witches involved in the event. There is a play/book/movie based around the Salem Witch Trials, called The Crucible by Arthur Miller.
More information on them can be found on the informational site, Wikipedia.
- If you try to enter a name that has two consecutive capital letters, that name will be rejected. This is most likely an attempt to cut down on the amount of similar names.