Attack is how strong your kill is. The more Attack you have, the more Defense you will ignore. Here are the four levels of attack:
- None - Your role cannot attack players directly.
- Basic - Your attacks will kill any role with a Defense value of None.
- Powerful - Your attacks will kill any role with a Defense value of Basic.
- Unstoppable - Your attacks will kill any role with a Defense value of Powerful.
Defense is how resilient you are to attacks. The more defense you have, the more attacks that you protect yourself against. Here are the four levels of defense:
- None - Your role will die to any Attack.
- Basic - Your role is protected from Basic Attacks.
- Powerful - Your role is protected from Powerful Attacks.
- Invincible - Your role is protected from Unstoppable Attacks.
Additional Keywords Edit
- Jail - Being in jail causes all direct visits to fail against the player.
- Heal - Heal gives a player Powerful defense for a night, and cures poison.
- Control - Controlling a player allows you to choose a target for their abilities if they have targetable abilities.
- Rampage - Causes your attacks to attack your target and all players visiting your target.
- Douse - Doused targets will have their investigative results changed to be Godfather, Bodyguard, or Arsonist. Players will not know they have been doused in gas.
- Convert - Converted players will become Vampires and join your team. You must wait one night between conversions. If the target cannot be converted, it will be attacked by a Basic attack instead.
- Interrogate - You question your target to find out if they seem suspicious. The Godfather will not seem suspicious. The Necronomicon prevents Coven members from suspicion. Framed and Hexed targets will seem suspicious.
Keywords that can only be found in the Town of Salem - The Coven (DLC) Edit
- Hex - Hexes are placed by the Hex Master. Hexed players will not know they have been hexed. When all living non-Coven players are hexed, the Hex Master, if alive, will deal an Unstoppable attack to them. Hexed players will have their investigative results changed to the Hex Master's, and will show up as Coven to the Sheriff.
- Astral - Your visits will not trigger any mechanic that relies on you visiting a player. This includes Lookouts, Trackers, Veterans, Bodyguards, Trappers, Crusaders, Ambushers, Plaguebearer, Pestilence, Werewolf and Medusa.
- Trap - Traps will trigger on players directly visiting the trapped player, but will only harm attackers. You are told the roles of the players who visit your trapped target when it triggers. Traps are exclusive to the Trapper role.
- Stone Gaze - Your victims' roles and Last Wills will not be revealed. Only the Medusa can Stone Gaze.
- Purge - Purge removes all harmful effects from a player. Only the Guardian Angel can Purge their target.
- Plague - Infected players spread the plague on visiting or being visited. Infection cannot be protected against or removed. Plague is initially spread by the Plaguebearer.