Roles may have attributes, altering the way how they are affected by other roles' abilities. Attributes are integral to gameplay.
Immunity refers to one of five types of special attributes held by many roles in the game. They will prevent certain abilities of having an effect. Each of these immunities is entirely beneficial to the character.
Role block ImmunityEdit
Roles with role block immunity are unaffected by role blocking. Though the role blocked role will see a message notifying them that someone tried to role block them, an Escort or Consort will not see any messages revealing whether their role block was successful or not.
When in jail, you are effectively role blocked. If a Consort or Escort tries to role block you while you are jailed, you will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you, but you are in jail!
Roles with Role block ImmunityEdit
- The Escort, Consort, Transporter, Veteran and Witch are immune to role blocks.
- The Veteran will shoot the role blocker, should they be on alert.
If one of these roles are role blocked, they will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you but you are immune!
Roles partially unaffected by role blocks Edit
- The Jailor will still jail their target, but will be unable to execute said target.
- A Spy will still hear the Mafia, but will be unable to see their visits.
- A Serial Killer will stay at home, and attack the visiting role blockers. They will receive a different message: Someone role blocked you, so you attacked them!
- The Werewolf will stay at home if role blocked during Full Moon, attacking anyone who visits them (including the role blocker).
Night Immunity is a form of Immunity which protects a character from being killed at night. Roles with Night Immunity must be lynched during the day or killed at night by roles who ignore Night Immunity (see below).
If you attack someone who has Night Immunity at night for any reason, you will receive a message: Your target was immune to your attack! If this message does not appear but your target is still alive, they were healed by a Doctor.
Roles With Night Immunity Edit
- Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf - permanent
- Executioner - permanent, if they do not turn into a Jester
- Survivor - gained by using a bulletproof vest
- Bodyguard - gained by using the bulletproof vest
- Veteran - gained by going on alert
- anyone jailed by the Jailor (also protects from Arsonists and a Werewolf)
Additionally, anyone who is healed by a Doctor will not die at night (exceptions below).
If one of these roles is attacked and does not die, they will receive a message: Someone attacked you but you are immune at night!
Roles who ignore Night ImmunityEdit
- Bodyguard - when killing your target's attacker
- Jailor - when executing your prisoner (also ignores every other form of protection)
- Veteran - when visited while on alert at night
- Arsonist - when igniting your doused targets (also ignores healing)
- Werewolf - when pillaging a house during a Full Moon
- Jester - when haunting a guilty voter (also ignores every other form of protection other than a Transporter transporting the guilt to someone else)
Bite Immunity Edit
Bite Immunity is a form of Immunity which protects a character from being turned into a Vampire when bitten by one of them at night. Vampires must lynch or rely on other characters to kill anyone with Bite Immunity.
Roles with Bite Immunity Edit
- Anyone with permanent Night Immunity, which include the Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, and the Werewolf
- Executioner - before they are turned into a Jester
- Vampire Hunter (also counterattacks the Vampire) - before they are turned into Vigilante
- Veteran - gained by going on alert
Anyone protected by a Bodyguard will not be bitten. The Bodyguard will counterattack the Vampire.
Detection Immunity is a kind of Immunity of some roles opposing the Town who can't be detected by a Sheriff, i.e. the Sheriff will receive the message: Your target is not suspicious. All other Town Investigative roles and the Consigliere are unaffected.
Roles with Detection ImmunityEdit
- all Neutral Evil roles: Executioner, Jester, Witch
- Godfather - also applies if they were originally a Mafioso
- Werewolf (only on a non-Full Moon night)
By far, the best Role who can find out Roles with detection immunity is a Lookout. Regardless of what detection immunities other roles have, a Lookout can still see who visits their target in the night, completely effective against the role that has Detection Immunity.
Control Immunity is a kind of Immunity which lets a character be unaffected by a Witch's attempt to control them. However, they may still be the secondary target.
Roles with Control ImmunityEdit
- Any role without a night ability is unaffected by a Witch's control.
- The Transporter is control immune. If they are visited by a Witch, they will receive a message: A Witch tried to control you but you are immune.
- The Veteran cannot be forced to alert or prevented from doing so (and will shoot any Witch who visits them while they are on alert.)
- Any role who is in jail is control immune as long as they are jailed. The Witch will receive the message: One of your targets is jailed! and their target will receive the message: Someone tried to control you, but you are jailed!
Control Resistance Edit
- The night abilities of Mediums and Jesters are unaffected by a Witch's control. However, they will be forced to visit the second target: a Lookout will witness this and a Veteran will attack the visitor. Additionally, if these Roles visit someone targeted directly by the Werewolf, they will die,
- Amnesiacs and Retributionists cannot be forced to target the Witch's choice with their night ability. They will only visit the Witch's target (including side effects) and are unable to use their ability themselves.
- The Jailor will still jail their prisoner, but an execution will be forced or prevented.
Special Attributes Edit
There are few attributes which aren't immunities. Below is a list of current special attributes.
|Role Name||Special Attributes|
|Medium||Can speak with all dead people at night|
|Spy||Can read all whispers during the day
Can read Mafia chat at night
|Vampire Hunter||Can read Vampire chat at night|
Will attack visiting Vampires
Will become Vigilante if all Vampires are dead
|Blackmailer||Can read all whispers during the day|
|Mafioso||Will become Godfather if the Godfather dies|
|any Mafia member except Mafioso and Godfather||Will become Mafioso if the last Mafia Killing role dies|
|all Mafia members||Can read Mafia chat at night|
|Executioner||Will become Jester if their target dies at night|
|Serial Killer||Will attack role blockers|
|Vampire||Can read Vampire chat at night|
|Werewolf (during Full Moon)||Will attack role blockers|