"Mama...Mama, where are you?"
A young child reaches out through a gap in the rubble of what used to be her home. The area was filled with pungent smoke, and the crying child was covered in ash and soot. "I'm scared..." Her soft voice starts to tremble, and she bites her lip. Small flames dotted the debris and danced in place.
"Another arsonist attack," reports a Sheriff in his heavy Southern accent. "What a shame. A lovely house and family, too." The Investigator he spoke to nodded silently, his gaze wavering around until he caught sight of the helpless child, trapped in place.
"Hold on, there's a child in there!" He broke into a run towards the area, "Get the Doctor! Get anyone! She could be hurt!" The town suddenly bursts to life, scrambling here and there to assist this child, and it was almost equivalent to the chaos that erupts during the daily trials. The girl begins to sob as the Investigator kneels next to her and attempts to pull a wooden beam off of her.
"It's going to be alright, dear, just hold still..." His voice is nothing but indecipherable mumbles to the girl, who instead gazes onward to a strange, glowing ball of light that has descended from the sky before her. The orb soon branches out into a torso, arms, legs, hands--
Her face was beautiful, like an angel, with a rounded face and warm, loving eyes, curly hair that fell in waves down to her waist. She stepped down in front of the young girl and ran her hand along her face, wiped her tears with a gentle finger.
"Don't cry, my love," she whispered, her voice a soothing song.
"I am your Guardian Angel."
- The Guardian Angel may find their target in their role card in the "Attributes" section.
- A Guardian Angel can still watch over their target even if they are dead.
- The Guardian Angel's target may be anyone from any faction, however, it will never be themselves.
- During the night phase, the Guardian Angel may select to protect their target.
- The Guardian Angel's protection can stop multiple attacks on the target.
- The Guardian Angel's protection cannot stop "Unstoppable" attacks such as a haunt from a Jester or an execution caused by the Jailor. However, it can stop an attack from the Pestilence, due to the Pestilence having only a Powerful attack.
- The target being protected will receive a notification at the end of the night, stating, "The Guardian Angel was watching over you!"
- Any players who select to attack a protected target will receive a notification at the end of the night, stating, "Your target's defense value was too high to kill."
- A protected target who was attacked will receive a notification, stating, "You were attacked but the Guardian Angel saved you!"
- The Guardian Angel's protection also purges the target, removing any negative effects, including an Arsonist's douse, Hex Master's hex or a Poisoner's poison. A target who is doused and protected on the same night will end up not being doused.
- At the start of the day, the entire town will see a notification, stating, "The Guardian Angel has protected [target's name]."
- If a target is protected at night, during the next day's voting phase, there will be no button to vote up the protected target.
- If the Guardian Angel's target dies, the Guardian Angel will become a Survivor with no vests.
- The Guardian Angel cannot be killed by a Veteran on alert.
- The Guardian Angel will die when bitten by a Vampire instead of being converted.
- Strangely enough, a Jester can be the target of a Guardian Angel. This can make for a more difficult game as the Jester is trying to employ tactics that make them look like an evildoer.
- If you die (even on Night 1), DO NOT leave the game. You can still use your abilities while you are dead, and you can still win.
- If your goal is to keep your target alive, you may not want to watch over them N1. This will tell the town that there is a Guardian Angel, which they can work around if they wanted to kill the certain person, and it wastes one of your ability uses. There is also a very low chance that your target will be killed by an evil force, so it would be pointless to protect your target then.
- In addition, your target could be an evil role themselves, making it far less likely that they will be targeted.
- Also, it would expose your target. Factions opposing your target will plot to kill them immediately before you could even protect them. After all, it would be hard to predict when someone will try to kill your target.
- On the other hand, if your goal is to win, watching over your target N1 is a viable strategy:
- It immediately confirms to the Town that there's a Guardian Angel, making it much more likely that you'll be believed later on if you have to claim you role.
- It reduces the claimspace available to evils, making the game end sooner and helping you win (whether your target dies or not.)
- Sometimes, the fact that they're a confirmed Guardian Angel protecting them may help your target live longer, since killers may be less likely to randomly target them if there's a chance you could use the second protection that night. It also provides near-absolute protection from a Poisoner, who will have little reason to waste a night poisoning your target when they know you'll just heal them.
- If your target dies, you lose all your protections and become a Survivor with no vests - and no way to prove yourself. You're in a much better position if you used one of your protections prior to this, since you've proven that there was a Guardian Angel in the game.
- An extremely effective strategy to keep yourself alive and known to the Town is to claim Guardian Angel Night 1, then protect your target. You will confirm yourself easily, and even if your target is evil, they will most likely lynch your target and force you to become a Survivor. It confirms yourself and makes you less of a target since you can win with any faction once you become a Survivor.
- Communicate with your target to find out their role so that you can work together with your target. The role that they have can also change when to use your ability.
- As with the Survivor, you want to get the game done as quickly as possible with your target ending up as a victor. Make choices that speed up the game faster. This way, your target will have a higher chance of surviving.
- If suspicion is ever thrown on your target, protect them and spend the day defending them, as well as watching over them.
- If there is a Medium after you have died, convince them to protect your target. The extra help can allow your target to last longer in the game.
Dealing with Guardian AngelsEdit
- When a Guardian Angel is protecting a person of an opposing role/faction, try to trick the Guardian Angel into using their ability at the wrong time so that you can waste their protections and get their target killed easier.
- Keep in mind that killing the Guardian Angel does not always work, as the Guardian Angel can still use their ability from the grave.
- If you are a Coven Leader, you can force the Guardian Angel to use their charges by making them self-target/target themselves.
- Always remember that if a Guardian Angel's target dies, they become a Survivor with no vests; in practice, this means they can win with anyone. Even if a Guardian Angel is opposing you, killing their target will sometimes give them the opportunity to switch sides.