The Guardian Angel is a Neutral Benign role who is assigned a target they must protect for the game. They are able to Heal and Purge that player twice per game. When that player is healed and purged they will become immune to voting for the next day. If your target dies you become a Survivor. The Guardian Angel is only playable in the Town of Salem: The Coven expansion.
- The Guardian Angel may find their target in their role card in the "Attributes" section.
- The Guardian Angel's target may be from any faction.
- The Guardian Angel's target will never be themselves.
- Multiple Guardian Angels may share the same target.
- During the night phase, the Guardian Angel may select to protect their target.
- The Guardian Angel's protection can stop multiple attacks on the target.
- The Guardian Angel's protection cannot stop "Unstoppable" attacks such as a haunt from a Jester.
- The target being protected will receive a notification at the end of the night stating, "The Guardian Angel was watching over you!"
- Any players who select to attack a protected target will receive a notification at the end of the night stating, "Your target's defense value was too high to kill."
- A protected target who is attacked will receive a notification stating, "You were attacked but the Guardian Angel saved you!"
- The Guardian Angel's protection also purges the target, removing any negative effects, including an Arsonist's douse or a Poisoner's poison. A target who is doused and protected in the same night will end up undoused.
- At the start of the day, the entire town will see a notification. "The Guardian Angel has protected [target's name]."
- If a target is protected at night, during the next day's voting phase, there will be no button to vote up the protected target.
- If the Guardian Angel's target dies, the Guardian Angel's role will be changed to be a Survivor without any bulletproof vests.