Please be aware while some of this page is serious, for the most part it's totally a joke.
The developers of Town of Salem ensured that the game can still be fun in the graveyard. You can talk with dead buddies, contact the Medium, and even cheer for your team as they die one by one. But let's face it --death is boring! As your team approaches imminent loss, how do you keep your hopes up?
The Talking Dead Edit
Whether hanged or murdered, Sheriff or lowly Bodyguard, you can stay active in the afterlife. Before you curse out those who killed you and leave in a huff of dismay, find a way to contribute to the community deathpool by informing or predicting. Preparing for a revival could be helpful, as well.
- If the Medium is still alive, you can give him/her information to announce or write down.
- The Town Investigative roles (Investigator, Sheriff, Lookout, Spy) usually have the most valuable information when they die, especially if they are killed later in the game.
- Town roles such as Escort and Jailor may share critical facts in the graveyard as well.
- Killing roles such as Mafioso and Serial Killer may choose to help the Town! Before they leave the game, ask them if anyone they attacked had night-immunity. Be careful ...they may lie to you.
- Executioners might tell the medium who their target was. This might also be a lie, so be just as careful when dealing with them as you would be with killing roles.
If informing is done efficiently, the Medium should be able to offer pertinent knowledge dead or alive. With all the facts written in his will and a Seance in his pocket, the Town has a helpful ally. In the event that the Medium has an early death, sharing information can still prove useful. Who knows, there may be a Retributionist in your town! You can also decide to not rage quit and actually be useful in the event of a Retributionist.
- Out of hard facts? Start watching for suspicious activity as you rot to bones.
- Reference the chat log to see who voted innocent or guilty in trials.
- See if anyone has claimed multiple roles or has framed an innocent player.
- Watch out for patterns: Who is the first to speak each day? Who is not talking? Who has a lot of blank space around their name in the directory?
- If you don't feel like doing the work, just shout out a guess as to who you think is guilty!
- Pay attention to the voting process and the end-result to see who voted for a Mafia lynching. There is a high chance (but not guaranteed) that those people who cast votes for the now-dead Mafia are not Mafia.
- If you die early in the game as an important town role and are playing in a game that has or may have a Retributionist, you may want to set up your will in order to be able to take names and roles quickly. If you are revived, ask for all roles to be whispered to you, seeing as you are a confirmed Townie. Listing all the numbers of the remaining players, along with the remaining possible role types will help you organize and determine who is faking. Obviously how you organize your will is up to you, but a horizontal arrangement with the all numbers is an effective setup.
Graveyard Games Edit
Sure, the game is not turning out in your favor -- you died, your Medium is dead -- but does this really mean eternal suffering? No!
If the Medium is dead but has not used their seance, you can help by advising them who and when to seance, and feed them information for when they do seance.
If your Medium has no seances, here are some entertaining things to do after meeting your doom:
Call Em' Out Edit
Nothing's better than a fresh dose of dead commentary. RIP em' apart!
- Release your inner sideline cheerleader and chant for your team (or your friends)!
- Call the man a liar even though nobody can hear you: Your feelings will reach the living for sure.
- Rant about how the Town is stupid. If you are Mafia, rant about the Mafia. If you are Neutral Benign, rant about everyone.
- Great Defense statement? Why not give it a "10/10" (or an "8/8 or maybe even a 6/6 "). 10/10 would lynch again is a favorite.
- Prepare a soliloquy for the end of the game. (Be sure to type it quick or everyone will have left.)
- Someone important is killed: "NOOOOO" is a pretty effective catharsis. If you are evil, the time has come to feast on Townie tears and laugh evilly.
- Become an announcer and make commentaries on everything the town says or does.
- Rage at a specific person. If they are dead too, even better. Channel your rage onto chat and rant and rave until your keyboard breaks.
- Spoooooooky Medium seance: If the Town has little chance to win and you know your killer, haunt them as a ghost!
- As a Mafia member, troll gullible townies into thinking someone is Mafia, and watch as they soon find out they are instead Town. Time to laugh maniacally!
Bad Boys Edit
It's like the Sharks and the Jets all over again ...with ghosts.
- If you are the first member of the Mafia to die, have a little fun and ruin some dreams by announcing the mafia's target each night. This is unbelievably fun. You have no idea.
- You can also do a similar game with "bad luck tokens". When a people correct guess who will be killed this night, you give him/her one.
- If you are a Blackmailer or Spy, tell the whispers to everyone if there is no Medium.
- Often times there is no reason to stay if you have lost, but...
- NOTE: It is highly recommended that you do not give the medium other mafia roles. Because you can still win if a mafia survives, you can be hurting your own chances, and the chances of the other player. In All Any, where there can be five mafia, it makes no sense to reveal the other four.
- It is sometimes considered gamethrowing to rat out the other members.
- However, some Mafia will pretend to give out their fellow mafia members, in order to trick the Medium and help the mafia win.
The More, The Merrier Edit
A mob of rowdy Townies enclosed in a graveyard just got wilder.
- Relationships: This is the best time to make a new death-buddy. If someone helped you out before your untimely death, welcome them to the graveyard as your sibling. Maybe even exhange Users for friend requests at the end of the game if you like and trust them that much.
- What's Cooking, Ma?: Begin 'offering' food items around. Brains are popular among the living dead, but a good cook can improvise.
- Passion Can: If someone starts using caps-lock, let the warfare begin. Capitalize everything you say, and call them out. ("WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?!")
- The Alphabet: With a large group of people, you can announce your goal to make your way down to "z" without repeats. If you win, take a screenshot.
- Relationships 2: Is there a "God" in your game? "Santa Claus?" Do a bit of role-play!
- Pointless Tallyman: For fun, begin attributing points to town members who say smart things. When they die, give them their total. (Let's hope that it's not a negative number)
- Rapping: Try and perform the ToS rap by Minx and Boyinaband.
- Welcoming: Say "Welcome to Hell!", "Welcome to Heaven!", or "Welcome to the dead!" to other people who die. Some people like, 'Welcome to the afterlife! The hot tub is in pit of eternal suffering #3'
- Wait: Wait out the game. Players are not supposed to leave the game unless they have a zero percent chance of winning. If you are a town member and there is a chance of a Retributionist or Medium, you may want to stick around.
- Attack: In asterisks, draw a weapon on someone and use it against them. (ex. Jesus: *draws sword and stabs Kanye West, followed by Kanye West: *shoots Satan*)
- Counseling: Some players might be sad or a tad mad. Unleash your inner psychiatrist and give them professional help!
- Karma!: Pray, hope or reveal who killed you, then laugh in their face!
- Rock Paper Scissors: Play a friendly game of rock, paper, scissors with your dead friends!
- Rave Parties: Why not hold a party? After all, why shouldn't the dead drink?
- Emoticon Wars: Because you want to just throw Lenny around, don't you? Make sure you do not spam the chat as that is not allowed whether you are dead or alive.
- Role-play with your name: Are you "Arsonist Hunter" who died from an arsonist? Why not express how ironic the situation was?
- International Phone Call: Ask the dead people where you are from and what hour they are. You might be surprised by meeting fellow people from the same country with you.
- Work out the Mafia: Do you have Notepad? Write down 1-15, get rid of the dead numbers, add in the confirmed town and figure out the mafia from there!
- Actually be serious: Playing a really tense game and you just don't want to lose? Dead medium? Discuss the mafia but unlike the above, talk about it with your friends and this time, get your friend medium to go get the seance and win...from the dead.
- Game Show: Host a little game of any genre you like with your dead friends, like Hangman and more!
- Weddings: Have a Priest in your game? Help them by making people get married. Lawful marriage indeed.
- The Teacher: Behave like you are a teacher and ask other dead players to solve a problem (like 3*6=?) If they give you an answer, put them the grade they deserve!
- Living Another Life: If you can, role-play with someone! Tell them what you would do and who would you vote on if you were still alive!
- Rant: Know who the Mafia are but nobody is listening? Try yelling at everyone to get them to know who the Mafia are! However, don't spam doing it, as it is against the rules, as stated above.
- Suggest songs: Tell people some of your favourite songs to listen to while you play the game! Even though they will probably not listen to it, it is a great way to start a conversation whilst the game is finishing!
- Other games: Ask people if they have played other games. You may be surprised with what you get.
This list is unfinished. Please add your favorite graveyard past-times!