Avatars are the characters that you can load into the game.
These are the default characters that every player will have access to.
In honor of the Youtubers that helped make Town of Salem popular, they received their own skins. Only Alpha/Beta players will have access to these skins.
- Beta had ended on December 15th of 2014. Players who had created accounts before mid June of 2015 still had received these skins, with the exception of TheTeshTube.
These are the skins that you can buy from the in-game store using Points or with US currency.
These are the skins that cannot be owned unless given a redemption code from a Kickstarter.
- Millicent Moneybags and Crimson Reaper were obtainable by pledging $35 or more to BlankMediaGames' third Kickstarter which ended on May 26th of 2016.
- Montgomery Moneybags was obtainable by pledging $25 or more to BlankMediaGames' second Kickstarter which ended on October 18th of 2014.
These are the skins may be obtained by completing a specific task.
- Grim Reaper may be obtained by referring 5 friends.
- Steambot3000 may be obtained by owning the Steam version of the game and linking your Town of Salem account to Steam.
- The Dexter avatar is based off Dexter Morgan from the TV show Dexter.
- The Crimson Katana is based off the ninja characters from the game series Mortal Kombat; specifically, Scorpion's weapons and Ermac's colour scheme.
- The Tamer skins are references to the mobile game Pokémon Go, representing the three team's leaders.
- Barthulde of Far River is based off the Hobbits from the Lord of the Rings books and movies.
- John Voxelthorne (and associated map and pet) was a reference to the popular video games Minecraft and Roblox.
- The Nosferatu Skin is based off of the 1922 horror movie "Nosferatu"
- The Uriel skin is a direct reference to the archangel Uriel in the video game Diablo III