Immunity refers to one of four types of special attributes held by many roles in the game. They will prevent certain abilities of having an effect. Each of these immunities is entirely beneficial to the character. The five kinds of immunities are Role-block Immunity, Control Immunity, Night Immunity (Defense) and Detection Immunity.
Role block ImmunityEdit
Roles with Role block immunity are unaffected by role blocking. Although the role being blocked will see a message notifying them that someone tried to role block them, an Escort or Consort will not see any messages revealing whether their role block was successful or not.
When in jail, you are effectively role blocked. If a Consort or Escort tries to role block you while you are jailed, you will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you, but you were jailed!
Roles with Role block ImmunityEdit
- The Escort, Consort, Ambusher, Transporter, Trapper, Veteran, Pirate, Pestilence, Coven Leader, Witch and Necromancer are all immune to role blocks.
- The Veteran will shoot the role blocker, should they be on alert.
If one of these roles are role blocked, they will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you but you are immune!
Roles partially unaffected by role blocks Edit
- The Jailor will still jail their target, but will be unable to execute said target.
- A Serial Killer will stay at home, and attack the visiting role blockers. They will receive a different message, "Someone role blocked you, so you attacked them!"
- The Werewolf will stay at home if role blocked during a Full Moon night, attacking anyone who visits them (including the role blocker).
Basic defense is a form of immunity which protects a character from being killed at night from a basic attack. Roles with Basic defense must be lynched during the day or killed at night by roles who have powerful or higher attack strength.
If you attack someone who has Basic defense at night for any reason, you will receive a message: Your target's defense level was too high for you to kill! However, if this message does not appear but your target is still alive, they were healed by a Doctor.
Roles With Basic Defense Edit
- Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf - permanent.
- Executioner - permanent, if they do not turn into a Jester.
- Survivor - gained for one night by using a bulletproof vest.
- Bodyguard - gained for one night by using their only bulletproof vest.
- Veteran - gained for one night by going on alert.
- Coven Leader - gained when having the Necronomicon.
- Witches - Basic defense until they are attacked with a Basic attack, and will have no defense after that.
- Juggernaut - Gained after your second kill.
Additionally, anyone who is healed by a Doctor will be given a Powerful defense for the night.
If one of these roles is attacked and does not die, they will receive a message, "Someone attacked you but your defense level is too high!"
Roles Who Ignore Basic DefenseEdit
- Bodyguard - when killing your target's attacker.
- Trapper - when killing an attacker with a trap.
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner (ignores powerful defense).
- Veteran - when visited while on alert.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex (ignores powerful defense).
- Poisoner - when the poison has already been inflicted.
- Medusa - when using a stone gaze on visitors or visiting someone if Medusa has the Necronomicon.
- Arsonist - when igniting your doused targets (ignores powerful defense).
- Juggernaut - when attacking/when rampaging(after third kill)/(ignores powerful defense, after fourth kill).
- Werewolf - when rampaging at a house during a Full Moon night.
- Pestilence - when rampaging.
- Pirate - when successfully plundering.
- Jester - when haunting a guilty voter (ignores powerful defense).
- Only one role, the Pestilence, has an invincible defense. This defense can not be defeated or bypassed in any way, not even a Veteran alert, a Jailor execution, an Arsonist ignition, a fully powered up Juggernaut, or a Jester haunt. The only way to kill the Pestilence is to lynch them.
Detection Immunity is a kind of immunity of some roles opposing the Town who can't be detected by a Sheriff. The Sheriff will receive the message, "Your target is not suspicious." All other Town Investigative roles, the Consigliere, the Coven Leader and Witch are unaffected.
Roles With Detection ImmunityEdit
- All Neutral Evil roles: Executioner, Jester, Witch
- Godfather - also applies if they were originally a Mafioso.
- Werewolf (only on a non-Full Moon night)
- All Neutral Chaos roles: Vampire, Plaguebearer/Pestilence, Pirate
- Any member of the Coven with the Necronomicon
Roles that ignore Detection ImmunityEdit
- Lookout - when watching over someone.
- Tracker - when tracking someone.
- Trapper - when trap is triggered.
By far, the best role who can find roles with Detection Immunity is a Lookout. Regardless of Detection Immunity, a Lookout can still see who visits their target at night, completely effective against roles with Detection Immunity.
Roles With Control ImmunityEdit
- Any role without a night ability is unaffected by a Witch/Coven Leader's control.
- The Transporter is control immune. If they are visited by a Witch/Coven Leader, they will receive the message, "A Witch tried to control you but you are immune."
- The Veteran cannot be forced to alert or prevented from doing so (and will shoot any Witch/Coven Leader who visits them while they are on alert.)
- Any role who is in jail is control immune as long as they are jailed. The Witch will receive the message, "Your ability failed because one of your targets was in jail."
Control Resistance Edit
- The night abilities of Mediums and Jesters are unaffected by a Witch's control. However, they will be forced to visit the second target: a Lookout will witness this and a Veteran will attack the visitor. Additionally, if these roles visit someone targeted directly by the Werewolf, they will die.
- A Retributionist cannot be forced to target the Witch's choice with their night ability. They will only visit the Witch's target (including side effects) and are unable to use their ability themselves.
- If an Amnesiac is controlled onto themselves, the game will announce that an Amnesiac has remembered being an Amnesiac, and the Amnesiac will gain the achievement for doing so if not already earned.
- The Jailor will still jail their prisoner, but an execution will be prevented. If the Jailor is controlled onto the target they jailed, they will execute the target, unless it is the first night.
Priority determines which roles do their actions first in what order. Each role with a night ability has a priority labeled 1 through 6, with 1 being the highest priority, and 6 being the lowest. For example, if a Mafioso (which has a priority of 5) tries to kill a Veteran on alert (which has a priority of 1), the Veteran will kill the Mafioso before the Mafioso will kill the Veteran, because it has a higher priority. Note that abilities which take place during the day, or are selected in the day will have higher priority than priority 1.
Special Attributes Edit
There are few attributes which aren't immunities. Below is a list of current special attributes.
|Role Name||Special Attributes|
|Medium||Can speak with the dead at night.|
|Vampire Hunter||Can read Vampire chat at night|
Will attack visiting Vampires.
Will become Vigilante with 1 bullet if all Vampires are dead.
|Blackmailer||Can read all whispers during the day.|
|Mafioso||Will become Godfather if the Godfather dies.|
|Any member of the Mafia except Mafioso and Godfather.||Will become Mafioso if the last Mafia Killing role dies.|
|All members of the Mafia.||Can read Mafia chat at night.|
|Executioner||Will become Jester if their target dies at night.|
|Guardian Angel||Will become Survivor if their target dies.|
|Serial Killer||Will attack role blockers, and will attack Jailor when jailed if you aren't executed.|
|Werewolf (during Full Moon nights)||Will attack role blockers, and will attack Jailor when jailed if you aren't executed.|
|Vampire||Can read Vampire chat at night.|
|Pestilence||Will attack visitors.|
|Plaguebearer||Will become Pestilence when all of the Town is infected.|
|Juggernaut||Powers up with each kill. (The Juggernaut gets 4 new abilities)|
|All members of the Coven||Can read Coven chat at night.
Can inherit the Necronomicon.
|Coven Leader||Gets the Necronomicon before every other Coven member|