Roles may have attributes, altering the way how they are affected by other roles' abilities. Attributes are integral to gameplay. You can find a role's Attributes by looking at their card and reading the "Attributes" section.
Immunity refers to one of four types of special attributes held by many roles in the game. They will prevent certain abilities of having an effect. Each of these immunities is entirely beneficial to the character. The four kinds of immunities are Role-block Immunity, Control Immunity, Night Immunity (Defense) and Detection Immunity.
Role block ImmunityEdit
Roles with Role block immunity are unaffected by role blocking. The role being blocked will see a message notifying them that someone tried to role block them, an Escort or Consort will also see a message telling them that they were immune to being roleblocked.
When in jail, you are effectively role blocked. If a Consort or Escort tries to role block you while you are jailed, you will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you, but you were jailed!
Roles with Role block ImmunityEdit
- The Escort, Consort, Transporter, Veteran, Pirate, Pestilence, Coven Leader, Witch and Necromancer are all immune to role blocks.
- The Veteran can shoot and kill the role blocker should they be on alert, and Pestilence will kill them automatically.
If one of these roles are role blocked, they will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you but you are immune!
Roles partially unaffected by role blocks Edit
- The Jailor will still jail their target, but will be unable to execute said target.
- A Serial Killer or Werewolf will be forced to stay at home and instead kill their role blocker, receiving a message: "Someone role blocked you, so you attacked them!"
- A Mayor can still reveal the next day.
- A Medium will still talk to the dead that night
- Jester will still perform his haunt if he is roleblocked the night before he died.
Basic defense is a form of immunity which protects a character from being killed at night from a basic attack. Roles with Basic defense must be lynched during the day or killed at night by roles who have powerful or higher attack strength.
If you attack somebody with basic defense, you will get the message "Your target's defense was too strong to kill!" If they were healed, you get no message.
Roles With Basic Defense Edit
- Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf, Plaguebearer - permanent.
- Executioner - permanent, if they do not turn into a Jester.
- Survivor - gained for one night by using a bulletproof vest.
- Bodyguard - gained for one night by using their only bulletproof vest.
- Veteran - gained for one night by going on alert.
- Coven Leader - gained when having the Necronomicon.
- Witches - Basic defense until they are dealt one Basic attack, such as being attacked by a Mafioso.
- Juggernaut - Permanent after your second kill
Additionally, anyone who is healed by a Doctor/Potion Master/Guardian Angel, protected by a Crusader or Jailed will be given Powerful defense for the night. Bodyguards and Trappers give their targets Powerful defense for one attack.
If one of these roles is attacked with a Basic attack, they will receive a message, "Someone attacked you but your defense level is too high!"
Roles Who Ignore Basic DefenseEdit
- Bodyguard - when killing your target's attacker.
- Trapper - when killing an attacker with a trap.
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner (ignores powerful defense).
- Veteran - when visited while on alert.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex (ignores powerful defense).
- Medusa - when using a stone gaze on visitors or visiting someone if Medusa has the Necronomicon.
- Poisoner - when a target is poisoned with no defense, and they gain defense the night after and are not healed (such as a Survivor using a vest)
- Arsonist - when igniting your doused targets (ignores powerful defense).
- Juggernaut - when attacking (ignores powerful defense after 4th kill)
- Werewolf - when rampaging at a house during a Full Moon night.
- Pestilence - when rampaging.
- Pirate - when successfully plundering.
- Jester - when haunting a guilty or abstaining voter (ignores powerful defense). If a target is not chosen, a guilty or abstaining voter will still die.
Powerful Defense is an immunity which protects a player from being killed at night from a powerful or basic attack. Roles who are given powerful defense are unable to be killed at night unless said person is dealt an Unstoppable attack.
Roles With Powerful DefenseEdit
There are no roles who have permanent powerful defense. However, all protective roles have the ability to give others powerful defense at night:
- Doctor - Others: when healing their target; Self; when healing themselves.
- Bodyguard - Others: when protecting their target.
- Crusader - Others: when protecting their target.
- Jailor - Others: when target is jailed.
- Trapper - Others: when a trap is triggered by someone who intends to harm the target. (traps only give Powerful defense against one attacker)
- Guardian Angel - Others - when purging their target.
- Potion Master- Others: when using healing potion.
Roles Who Ignore Powerful Defense (i.e. Unstoppable Attack)Edit
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex.
- Arsonist - when igniting your doused targets.
- Juggernaut - when attacking/when rampaging(after third kill).
- Jester- when haunting a guilty/abstained voter.
The Invincible defense cannot be killed at night by any means. A Basic, Powerful, or Unstoppable attack will not bypass this defense. The only way to bypass this defense is by lynching said target during the day.
- Currently, only one role, the Pestilence, has an Invincible defense. Pestilence can not be rolled, you have to roll Plaguebearer and infect every living person.
Detection Immunity is a kind of immunity of some roles opposing the Town who can't be detected by a Sheriff. The Sheriff will receive the message, "Your target is not suspicious." All other Town Investigative roles, the Consigliere, the Coven Leader and Witch are unaffected.
Roles With Detection ImmunityEdit
- All Neutral Evil roles: Executioner, Jester, Witch
- Godfather - also applies if they were originally a Mafioso.
- Werewolf (only on a non-Full Moon night)
- All Neutral Chaos roles: Vampire, Plaguebearer/Pestilence, Pirate
- Any member of the Coven with the Necronomicon
Roles that ignore Detection ImmunityEdit
- Lookout - when watching over someone.
- Tracker - when tracking someone.
- Trapper - when trap is triggered.
By far, the best role who can find roles with Detection Immunity is a Lookout. Regardless of Detection Immunity, a Lookout can still see who visits their target at night, completely effective against roles with Detection Immunity.
Roles With Control ImmunityEdit
- The Transporter, Veteran, Potion Master, Necromancer, Pirate and Pestilence are all control immune.
- The Transporter is control immune and can not be forced to transport someone else.
- The Veteran cannot be forced to alert or prevented from doing so.
- Any role who is in jail is control immune as long as they are jailed. The Witch/Coven Leader will receive the message, "Your ability failed because one of your targets was in jail."
- The Potion Master and Necromancer are control immune. The Coven Leader can only attempt to control them if a Transporter transports them.
If one of these roles are controlled, they will receive the message: "A Witch tried to control you but you are immune."
Control Resistance Edit
- The night abilities of certain roles (i.e. Mediums and Jesters) are unaffected by a Witch's control despite not technically being control immune. They will not be forced to visit a second target since they do not rely on visiting mechanics.
- If an Amnesiac is controlled onto themselves, the game will announce that an Amnesiac has remembered being an Amnesiac, and the Amnesiac will gain the achievement for doing so if not already earned.
- If an Amnesiac is controlled into a player on the same night that player dies, the Amnesiac will be forced to become that players role before it is in the graveyard.
- The Jailor will still jail their prisoner, but an execution will be prevented. If the Jailor is controlled onto the target they jailed, they will execute the target, unless it is the first night.
- Pestilence will attack a Coven Leader trying to control them.
Priority determines which roles do their actions first in what order. Each role with a night ability has a priority labeled 1 through 6, with 1 being the highest priority and 6 being the lowest. For example, if a Mafioso, which has a priority of 5, attacks a Veteran on alert, which has a priority of 1, the Veteran will kill the Mafioso before the Mafioso can kill the Veteran because it has a higher priority. Note that abilities which take place during the day or are selected in the day will have higher priority than priority 1. Other roles, such as Poisoner, have priorities yet to be determined because of how long it takes for their ability to take effect. Only one or a few roles, such as Executioner, have no ability; therefore, they have no priority.
|1 (Highest)||Jester (haunting)
Guardian Angel (dead)
Potion Master (Heal)
Special Attributes Edit
There are few attributes which aren't immunities. Below is a list of current special attributes.
|Role Name||Special Attributes|
|Spy||Can see who the Mafia and Coven visit at night.|
|Vigilante||Commits suicide the following night after killing a Townie.|
|Medium||Can speak with the dead at night.|
|Vampire Hunter||Can read Vampire chat at night.|
Will attack visiting Vampires.
Will become Vigilante with 1 bullet if all Vampires are dead.
|Blackmailer||Can read all whispers during the day.|
|Ambusher||Will reveal name to all visitors of their target.|
|Mafioso||Will become Godfather if the Godfather dies.|
|Any member of the Mafia except Mafioso and Godfather||Will become Mafioso if the last Mafia Killing role dies.|
|All members of the Mafia||Can read Mafia chat at night.|
|Executioner||Will become a Jester if their target dies at night.|
|Guardian Angel||Will become a Survivor with no vests if their target dies.|
|Serial Killer||Will attack role blockers, and will attack Jailor when jailed if you aren't executed.|
|Werewolf (during Full Moon nights)|
|Arsonist (when igniting)||Will also ignite doused targets of other Arsonists.|
|Vampire||Can read Vampire chat at night.|
|Pestilence||Will attack visitors.|
|Plaguebearer||Will become Pestilence when all other players are infected.|
|Juggernaut||Powers up with each kill. There are 4 abilities that can be obtained.|
|All members of the Coven||Can read Coven chat at night.
Can inherit the Necronomicon.
|Coven Leader||Gets the Necronomicon before every other Coven member.|