At the graveyard past the meadows of Salem, amidst the broken gravestones and drooping willow trees, a man strolls along a path every day. Nobody knows him or whatever he came here for, and he knows nobody - not even himself.
Past the narrow path, he looks down to each crumbling slab of rock, at the worn names and chiselled last words from people whose faces he's never known. His clothes are ragged just as his memories are shattered, and sometimes he imagines himself lying in the graveyard, under a different face, under a different name that wasn't written on him.
But one night, under the round moon, he stumbles over one fresh gravestone that wasn't there the night before. Sifting aside the dirt, he reads a name and smiles at a jolt across his mind. He knows where he left off, and it's time for him to get back down to business.(credit)
- You are able to select a dead role from the graveyard to remember yourself as. You are unable to select unique Town roles. If you select a different unique role along with another Amnesiac, whoever joined the lobby first will succeed.
- You are unable to select roles who have been cleaned by a Janitor or stoned by a Medusa.
- If you are killed the night you attempt to remember, you will die even if you remembered a role with a defense value.
- You are unable to remember a unique non-Town role if one already exists in the game, such as a Werewolf or Plaguebearer.
- If you remember yourself as a Godfather when all Mafia members are dead, you will instead remember yourself as a Mafioso and the town will see this.
- Every player will be alerted to what role you remember at the following day discussions's start.
- Revealing as Amnesiac early in the game is risky. It might prevent you from becoming a target if you join the winning team, but it eliminates your anonymity (and most of the fun) if you choose an evil role. Note: If you reveal and announce you will claim to be a Survivor the next night, you are almost guaranteed a win, if you indeed become a Survivor.
- Try not to talk too much or make yourself a target before you pick a role. You do not want Investigators finding out who you are if you are picking an evil role nor do you want to be killed by the Mafia or Serial Killer at the night before or, worse, the night you choose a role to remember that you were like.
- If you reveal that you are an Amnesiac to one team, it would be in your best interest to earn their trust and protection by remembering that you were like a role that places you on their side. If you do reveal and remember an opposing role, like the Mafia or a Neutral Killing, you place yourself at an enormous risk of getting killed.
- If you survive long enough, you can remember that you were like an Arsonist the last night of the game and win in the following stalemate, since the Arsonist wins in a stalemate versus most roles, namely: the Godfather, the Serial Killer and the Jailor (if he has no executions left). This is especially successful if you play the rest of the game with a benign attitude, remaining neutral, appearing to be A.F.K (Away From Keyboard), being discovered and keeping it neutral, making the Town believe you are a Survivor, etc.
- If your role is known and there is a living Town Protective, you could choose to become one too and let the other protect you. Be careful, though! If somebody says they are a Town Protective role but are lying, they can easily kill you or gain free protection away from the Town.
- In games with Plaguebearer/Pestilence you can claim Survivor and team up with another evil such as a Serial Killer. When the game is nearing its end, and after the Plaguebearer/Pestilence has died, and your certain that everyone else besides you two are going to die, remember Plaguebearer/Pestilence and steal the win. Note that this strategy can be switched up for instance remembering a Juggernaut, Arsonist, or a Werewolf, depending on the people left in the game and who has died.
- Survivor: Outside forces such as Jailor and Investigator may threaten you to join their side if they find out you're Amnesiac. Try to claim to be a Survivor, if possible, but if there's only one Neutral Benign role and you pick your role, it will be obvious that you are Amnesiac. Even worse, the Town might lynch you because they thought there was already another Neutral Benign.Note that most Jailors might execute Survivor claims especially if the claim is not convincing, or if the Jailor is aggressive.
- If the game seems like it will end soon, but there is no clear winning team, don't try and wait another night. If the game ends and you haven't picked a side yet, you don't win despite staying alive. Even if everyone but the Amnesiacs die, you will still lose.
- If there are multiple Amnesiacs in the game and one of the others gets outed, you can take advantage of this by remembering that you were like an evil role yourself, which will likely get them lynched (and increase your chance of winning as a member of the Mafia.) Be careful though, the person that was getting called out could be a member of the Mafia, or your future ally.
- You have the ability to near-perfectly confirm yourself as any role by announcing what you intend to recall the day before you remember that you were like a role. This works best if you're about to recall an uncontroversial role like Survivor, but you can also use it to confirm yourself as a Witch to an entirely evil Town. There is one risk when doing this; another Amnesiac may remember a different role and get you lynched or killed at night.
- This strategy may also be used by other roles (typically evils) to buy them a day, and saying they were roleblocked when Town does not see the message for remembering as an Amnesiac.
- One particular strategy is to claim to be a Survivor Day 1. Then, hope a Jester dies early on so that you can remember that you were like it. The Town will remember that you had claimed to be a Survivor, and hopefully lynch you, giving you the win.
- Any attributes of your new role will take effect starting the following day; e.g. you will not see the Mafia, Coven, or Vampire windows until the night's deaths are called out, and you will not have Defense, will not see Mafia visits as a Spy and will not clean any Arsonist's gas until the next night. Fortunately, you will still be able to get achievements for remembering that you were like certain roles, e.g. I Am Who I Am (see achievement).
- If you win, it will only count as an Amnesiac win for your achievements, but you are able to gain achievements for your new role.
- When possible, you should choose your role based on whichever side you think will win the game based on its current situation. That said, sometimes you're forced to pick a side without much to go on, or to choose whether you want to join the one available in the graveyard; in that case, it can be useful to take the role list for your current game mode into consideration.
- In Ranked, you're usually better off joining the Town, unless they seem utterly incompetent or something truly catastrophic has happened. They start with a numbers advantage, they have the highest win rate, and having the neutral join them will only make their victory more likely. Unless you have a very specific plan to win, picking a Neutral Killing role in Ranked is usually a terrible idea, since the organized, overwhelming strength of the Town will usually let them catch you in short order.
- In All Any, the Mafia has a higher chance than in Ranked, but it's important to pay attention and try to figure out how many there are - if you see one in the graveyard, they could have as many as 3 left, or as few as 1 (or even 0, if the one dead Mafia is their killer.) Neutral Killing roles also have a higher chance in All Any, especially if there's multiples of the same type, and the immunity is worth more due to the higher number of kills per night.
- In Coven All Any, you're often better off waiting a bit longer than in other modes, since the large number of factions and killers makes it hard to predict who will have the advantage after the first few nights. Neutral Killing roles are worth even more than in normal All Any, since the large number of different factions of killers makes their immunity so valuable; but make certain no one faction has an overwhelming advantage first.
Selecting Your Role Edit
- If a faction knows you're an Amnesiac, and you join an opposing faction, expect to by lynched or killed quite quickly. It's best to get a plan at the beginning at what you want to become before you take action and claim.
- You cannot select roles that were cleaned by a Janitor or stoned by a Medusa.
- You can choose to remember that you were like a dead Amnesiac. The first time you do this, you will earn an achievement, although this can be a disadvantage as it will be announced the following day.
- If you choose to become an Executioner, your target will be one of the currently living Townies, except for the Mayor or Jailor. If there are no Townies alive, or if only a Mayor and/or Jailor exists, you will automatically become a Jester. The town will see you have become an Executioner.
- If you choose to become a Guardian Angel, your target will be any one who is still alive. If your target dies the same night, you will automatically become a Survivor instead. In this case, the other players will be notified that you turned into a Guardian Angel, not a Survivor.
- If you remember yourself as a Vampire Hunter when all Vampires have been killed, you will remain that way until the rest of the game unless another Amnesiac remembers themselves as a Vampire, and dies before converting.
- If an Amnesiac selects to remember that they were like a Disguiser who had died as a disguised role, the Amnesiac will remember that they were like a Disguiser and it will be publicly announced to the town.
- If a Disguiser disguises as a Unique Town role and dies, an Amnesiac will not see a button beside the Disguiser's name.
- If you choose to remember that you were a Juggernaut, you will start at the level that the previous Juggernaut was at.
Which role to remember?Edit
|Strategies to Amnesiac use|
|It may be tempting to simply wait for a role you want and recall that. While this option is one of the most fun parts of playing Amnesiac, remember that you were like your desired role may not be in the game or may not die.
Roles to rememberEdit
|Amnesiac's Unique Ability|
|Roles have attributes that would help the Amnesiac out; they can win in nearly every game, as they get to choose their role. The trick to Amnesiac is to remember the right role at the right time.||However, waiting too long could get you figured out or killed, and unlike factional members, you need to get a role ALIVE. If you die an Amnesiac, you will lose no matter who wins. Waiting for longer periods means less chance to win. You must always weigh the consequences of choosing said role versus the fact you might die or get found out about if you wait to long. Since you have a priority of six, you need to remember the night BEFORE you get attacked, at the very least.|
|Role name||Reasons to remember|
|Ambusher||This can be used in games where the Mafia is going to win, as you can become part of their team, but their unique role attribute means that if a different Amnesiac becomes one, you cannot.|
|Amnesiac||This is normally not useful in most games. Its only use is to get the achievement "I am who I am".|
|Arsonist||Especially useful in late-game situations. The Arsonist will automatically win against any lone factional evils, granting you a quick victory. However, if you see other Amnesiacs remembering Arsonist, you could join them and become a powerhouse.|
|Blackmailer||Good if Mafia is winning, or is pushing you to remember a role that can win with them, but not good for many other reasons. Although it will make Spy claims a lot more unbelievable, so if there is a couple of Spies that haven't revealed, the Town might lynch them.|
|Bodyguard||The ability to protect themselves; good if you want to protect yourself or need to join Town if outed, especially if there is another certified Town Protective , as well as completely proving yourself; especially useful if there is only one killing role left.|
|Consigliere||Best role to remember for mafia except for the Mafia Killing, as it a very influential role in the middle of the game, however it is not a good role to remember near the endgame.|
|Consort||This role is fine to remember at any point within the game, unless you have been revealed by another faction or the general public. meanwhile, remembering this role when all Mafia is dead is a terrible waste. While a Consort can help the Mafia considerably if they roleblock the correct person, they cannot make the Mafia win.|
|Coven Leader||Helpful when Coven seems to be winning, or if they almost have majority. Keep in mind that town can sometimes shoot through the end with a proud Vigilante, Jailor, or Veteran, however, you can stop these erratic motions by charging them into themselves. While helping Coven which more than likely need an extra hand.|
|Crusader||Crusader can be good if you know who no other Townie will visit, but who others might visit. However, this might hurt the Town even more and you should only do this if you have Crusaders scrolls on and you are a master, as it is incredibly hard for|
|Disguiser||Becoming a Disguiser is usually not a good choice and is only useful if the Mafia are definitely going to win. On the off chance your target was a Disguiser, focus on who can be confirmed easily and disguise as them if you feel you are going to be killed yourself. You can help the Mafia out by getting them lynched.|
|Doctor||Good role to remember when Town is winning, but there is a nightly killer active, like the Serial Killer. If you have an idea who they might go after, you can delay the killings long enough for the Town to find and lynch them.|
|Escort||Similar to Consort, you should remember this role to help Town win, but you cannot make Town win. Therefore, you should not become Escort if you think Town might lose.|
|Executioner||Executioner is a good role to pick in many occasions. First, if there is a single non-Town faction reaching majority, you can come in and lynch your target, giving them majority. Most likely, they'll listen to you, in which case, help them. Especially great when there is only a few others left.|
|Framer||Becoming a Framer is only useful if the Mafia have or will gain a majority soon, or if the Town consists of Sheriffs or Investigators that are known. To throw them off, it's best to choose it early game while the Mafia still retain at least two members. However, since the Town now knows a Framer exists, results of said targets will be less pin-point as they can be framed.|
|Forger||Forger is good if there is a confirmed Townie such as a Spy, although people will be cautious about wills made by the targets of the Mafia. But if you think they will be killed by another source, they are prime targets. Especially if they commit suicide. in which case, figure out one that you use for Mafia targets, and others that you use for suicides.|
|Godfather||If all Mafia members are dead, you will become a Mafioso. Otherwise, it's a very good choice as you can lead the current Mafioso, if no Godfather exists and can give them the support of an immune role.|
|Guardian Angel||While not being able to protect themselves, they can protect their target. This role is a good choice for a middle-game player, since you can easily protect any target easily for a few days. As such, you will be able to win much more easily than if you were a regular Guardian Angel. Otherwise, you will become a proven Survivor that people will recognize.|
|Hex Master||Good idea to use if Coven is winning, but also a good idea if a Hex Master just died in the game. Not only will you become part of the Coven, and also, the other groups have become smaller, but the Coven has been saving these targets since the beginning of the game. A Necromancer could then control the old Hex Master to Hex someone, giving two hexes in a single night. However, the old Hex Master could have hexed you, and you will die, but you will normally still win.|
|Hypnotist||Only useful to make later Transporter, Doctor or Escort claims seem suspicious, or if the Mafia are gaining a majority.|
|Investigator||Good choice early game or if you need to become a Townie, as your results can pinpoint possible roles of evils.|
|Janitor||Good role to remember early or mid-game, as you can clear out the names of roles. Not a good choice near the end-game as most roles of people are already known.|
|Jester||Only useful if you feel you can be quickly lynched, although since the town knows a new Jester is in play, it may be harder for you to be lynched.|
|Juggernaut|| The strategy for Juggernaut depends on how many kills he had:
|Lookout||Good role to remember if you want to join Town and they are winning, or if you feel like watching over important Town roles can yield you with the names of evils and can net a quick victory. Not useful late-game as most roles are already known, but you CAN use it to pinpoint a select evil role if only one remains.|
|Mafioso||If Mafia are known to still be alive, this makes it useless to remember as you will automatically fail. This isn't useful at all unless you want to ride out as a solo Mafia member and feel like you can win in that instance.|
|Medium||Medium is the best role to remember for Town later in game as there are much more dead people in - game than mid game and early game, but don't try it to late because Town might already be losing.|
|Medusa||Good idea to use if Coven is winning, and/or you have been drawing suspicion to yourself since the very beginning, best if you made a Survivor claim with only one Neutral Benign, as it will draw people in for maximum kills. However, most likely it will kill some people before they realize you as Medusa and lynch you.|
|Necromancer||This is a specifically good role as, similar to Coven Leader, you can help Coven with an already winning Coven. Otherwise, near the endgame, you can become a Necromancer and use it to kill and harm others enough for you to win.|
|Pestilence||Good in a endgame, especially if there is bound to be only you and someone else, or you, a Neutral Killing and a Survivor, as you can put the blame on him to buy yourself time.|
|Pirate||Useful in early game or if you feel your skills as a Pirate are good. Not useful end-game as you may run out of time before you finish your goal.|
|Plaguebearer||Good for end-game situations if you can become Pestilence relatively quickly.|
|Poisoner||Good in cases where Coven is winning, but normally there are better roles, like Coven Leader or Necromancer or even Potion Master. Normally not good during Endgame.|
|Potion Master||You will become a part of Coven and can guide them through the endgame to victory, especially if most of the factions have gone through some deaths. Potion Master is good for when you need to become a part of Coven but not going through with your own strategy.|
|Psychic||Good to remember if the Town has a clean majority or only a few evil roles are left to find. Not useful end-game as the Town may have already lost and there may be a lot of evils.|
|Serial Killer||Good to use at any time, especially end-game unless other Neutral Killings are present, or if another faction has a clear majority.|
|Sheriff||Sheriff is a good role to remember if the Town is winning and their main rivals are Serial Killers/Mafia/Coven/Werewolf, as you can find out that they are members of said factions by investigating them. If you are unsure if Town will win, do not remember|
|Spy||If the Town is winning, and the main rivals now are the Mafia/Coven, Spy is a helpful role that can limit down who the Mafia/Coven can be even more and distinguish facts from lies.|
|Survivor||Extremely useful as it usually solidifies your confirmability as a Survivor and you will more likely be left alone, granting an easy win.|
|Transporter||Really good role if a separate faction is pushing you to choose a role to support them, as you can make them kill themselves and out them, increasing your chances of winning with Town even more. Late in - game, it can be used to contract Mafia/Coven/Vampires if you find Mafia/Coven/Vampires gaining majority, but you could just let Vampires bite you if they are gaining majority. Transporter is therefore the best Town role you can remember.|
|Trapper||Good role to remember early-game after there is a few dead on the other side if you think Town will win. However, if there is less time in game or you do not know of you have|
|Vampire||Vampire may be a good role to remember after it's certain that all Vampires are dead because there will be no Vampire Hunters to stake you and you will increase the Vampire limit by one. However, while previous Vampires faced only the Vampire Hunters, everybody will know that there are Vampires this time around. Useful if you are sure you are not in Suspicion, but you could act like a Jester if you are too late to realize. Next night you will be able to convert another person.|
|Vampire Hunter||Only useful if the Town has a slight majority, and the only factions left over are confirmed to be Vampires and a few others. Do not remember if no Vampires are alive or you suspect it to be, as you will be stuck as a Vampire Hunter for the rest of the game.|
|Vigilante||Good in cases you think Town is winning and you know a few people that have no defense that are evil, as you may pretend to be a Survivor. However, this role is the only good Town Killing role to remember, Witches could control you and much more. Be cautious about remembering this role.|
|Werewolf||Good in the endgame, as Werewolf will win in most cases similar to Arsonist but you might want to remember on a non-full moon night so you can rampage tomorrow. Great in cases where you expect only a few living people at the end of the night.|
|Witch||Similar to Survivor, remembering Witch in a game of mostly evils will normally give you the win, as long as relationships keep up and nobody tries to turn on you. Otherwise, on games where you think Mafia or a Neutral Killing/Neutral Chaos is winning, you can side with them. Especially good in role lists with no Town|
- Prior to Version 2.0.0, Amnesiacs were not able to remember any Unique Role, such as a Werewolf.
- Prior to Version 1.5.10, Amnesiacs could remember cleaned roles as long as they weren't unique.
- Prior to Version 1.1.0, Amnesiacs were able to win without remembering a role if they survived to the end.
- You can surpass the limit of 4 members of the Mafia and Vampires if multiple Amnesiacs remember as them.
- There was a bug where you were unable to remember a Vampire Hunter due to the game registering them as a unique role.
- If you remember Pestilence, you will become Plaguebearer first, but instantly become Pestilence because all players have already been infected.
- The Amnesiac suffers from retrograde amnesia based on the lore.